Friday, June 24, 2011

Black Friday: Nepal

I will make this rather short because my keyboard has suffered a coronary and remains in a vegetative state, which compels me to use this:

Yes, a flexible keyboard. Took me an hour to write this fucking sentence
-------------------------
In the land of metal, you often cross many a rarity, whether it is in terms of musical prowess, strange histories, odd lyrical themes or even a name. a few days ago, I was absently crawling through the internet when I came across the following band. Upon hearing them, I was pleasantly surprised—after all, we have too many generic thrash bands nowadays. But no, these guys have won their creditability. This is attested by the fact that Hansi Kürsch and Andre Matos have made guest appearances.

I mentioned that some bands are an oddity in terms of name, and this one is no exception. Indeed, the band is called Nepal, although they hail from Argentina. It appears these guys are well renowned in their homeland, as well as internationally; however, they disbanded in 2000, and perhaps they’ve receded into a dark corner of Metal memory. Either that or I am terribly misinformed.

Here are a couple songs from their last album, Manifiesto (1997); Hansi sings on the second one. Can you spot him?



0 comments:

Post a Comment